Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wet Felting Workshop

Last night I attended a wet felting workshop run by Amber from Mamamoontime at her beautiful home in the gold coast hinterland. Amber guided us through the techniques involved in creating a wet felted piece of art. 


I've plans to embellish my piece with silver thread  embroidery yet, and perhaps some beads, I think it will yet become a mandala of sorts, so its not yet finished, but I love the way the wool and silks have melded together in visual and textural fusion. 


I am pretty shy/aloof/loner by nature and I rarely step so far out of my comfort zone as to actually go to something such as this unless I can drag someone along with me, but I had a really inspired time and I am so glad I went. If you're in south east QLD, I can't recommend Amber's workshops enough. Thanks Amber!


6 comments:

  1. Wow, lovely work...Isn't felt just awesome? I've only ever played with it at home with the kids, but I'd love to take a workshop. I'm looking forward to seeing it once you're finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone. at least you can always retreat back in and enjoy and explore your new skills! i really like the way the colours are all mixed together. nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I have missed many of your posts! Loving the felt, it's stunning, and on my to-do list in the future!!!!!
    can't wait to see what you do with it next.
    Also, those little nappy covers, wow, the wool is incredible! Loving it,
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popped over from Mama Moontime. I think you have made a gorgeous piece of felt. Watch out, it is addictive. I'm more of a read the book rather than join the workshop type, so I understand the leap you took.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Bianca, I am so sorry to hear about the accident you witnessed today.... what a sad and shocking thing. Blessings to you, and may you transmute that shock into beautiful healing energy to send to the biker and the bus driver and yourself XXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, please leave me a comment to let me know you've stopped by.
xB

Related Posts with Thumbnails