Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Creative Space

I've spent most of this week perfecting my cloth pad design. -Not so much the design as the technique for making them so they don't turn out all munted looking. I also made a hot water bottle cover out of a vintage bed sheet. There has definitely been a ritualistic feminine vibe to the week. 


I will never go back to disposable pads. I've been using cloth pads for 4 years now, and have recently started using 'the keeper' (another story for another time)  I am confident anyone who tries reusable cloth pads of any variety will feel the same. I've tried a few different designs -wings, clips, channels etc, different absorbent materials - cotton, bamboo, wool etc.  These ones are made out of reclaimed flannelet sheeting, and 100% (new) cotton covers. These are my favorite for design and effectiveness out of anything I've used so far. I am going to have these available online to buy very soon, and to celebrate, I will be having a 'green woman' give away, so stay tuned!!

For more creative spaces, pop over to Kirsty's.


xB




5 comments:

  1. who knew having your monthly cycle could be so fun and creative! they looks wonderful. filled with positive energy. xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you!! Very inventive and what great fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mama pads too! It's too, sad that I can't use them because we share a washer with the other folks on our floor. I'm sure the guys wouldn't like knowing I put my 'stuff' in there. Way ta go you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I am also using the Keeper, first month is going ok. How do you find it? THe first day I was freaked out, but its much better than anything else I've tried, now I'm loving it!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, please leave me a comment to let me know you've stopped by.
xB

Related Posts with Thumbnails