Tuesday, April 27, 2010

AROMATHERAPY ROOM SALTS

These salts look great and smell totally blissful. (Plus it puts great use to the little pottery and wooden bowls I seem to collect everywhere I go.) If you put the bowls in a sunny location, you'll get a stronger release of scent. Every now and then give them a bit of a crunch and this will help to keep them smelling strong - you can of course top them up with more oils if you find the scent faded.

As always you can substitute the essential oils used for your preferred blends, however bare in mind the placement of the bowls when choosing your oils -ie. calming oils for the bedroom or warm or stimulating oils for living spaces. 

For an important note on the usage of aromatherapy oils, please click here.

** Please note the quantity of essential oil below is for room salts only. It is too strong for the bath, If you intend on using these for bath salts, half the number of drops of essential oils and mix the rock salts by half with Epsom salts.**

To make:
Mix together a blend of the salts you're using. 
I've used Celtic Sea Salt and Himalayan Rock Salt.
For every cup of salt, add about 25 drops of essential oil. 
For the mix below, I keep in my bedroom, I've used a blend of Rose Geranium, Mandarin, Frankincense, Ylang Ylang and Patchouli. 
To make it look extra lovely, you can add any blend of dried herbs or flowers you chose, or even little crystals. I avoid using dyes to colour the salts as they will inevitably get bumped and spilled occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, please leave me a comment to let me know you've stopped by.
xB

Related Posts with Thumbnails